Indulge in a creamy and delicious almond milk Alfredo sauce that is both vegan and gluten-free. Perfect for pasta dishes, this sauce offers a rich and satisfying flavor without any dairy.
- 1 cup cashews, raw and unsalted
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups unsweetened, plain almond milk
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Begin by pouring the boiling water over the cashews. Cover and let soak for 1 hour to soften the cashews.
- When the time is up, drain the cashews and add them to a high speed blender. Add the remaining ingredients (almond milk, garlic, nutritional yeast, salt and lemon juice) and blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth and combined.
- Taste the alfredo sauce and adjust the salt levels if necessary. Proceed to use in your favorite recipe or pour into a clean glass container and store in the fridge until you are ready.
This recipe yields 3.5 cups, which is enough for 1lb of pasta.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 228.8 mg
- Fat: 5.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.7 g
- Protein: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: alfredo sauce, almond milk