These almond milk pancakes are dairy free, but they’re so fluffy you won’t even notice the difference!
- 2 eggs (separated into egg yolks and egg whites)
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (total amount for two servings)
- 1/2 vanilla bean or 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened milk
- 3.5 tbsp flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 kiwi fruit, sliced
- 10–15 blueberries
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- Whisk the egg whites and 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, mix the egg yolks, coconut sugar, vanilla bean, salt, and plant-based milk.
- Add the flour to the egg yolk mixture and mix well.
- Fold half of the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture using a spatula. Then, add the other half and fold.
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Pour ¼ cups of the batter onto the pan.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip the pancakes and cook for 2-3 more minutes on the other side.
- Remove from heat and serve the fluffy and cloud-like pancakes warm with your choice of toppings. Enjoy!
- Cook the batter right after mixing it to keep the airy texture of the egg whites.
- Whisk egg whites separately in a different bowl to stiff peaks before folding them into the egg yolk mixture.
- You can use any plant-based milk you prefer, such as almond, soy, cashew, rice, or oat milk.
- Experiment with toppings, such as fruit, powdered sugar, homemade jam, or maple syrup.
- Use a nonstick pan and wait until it’s heated before adding the batter. Flip with a thin rubber spatula.
- For a vegan alternative, use 4 tbsp aquafaba and 1/8 tsp cream of tartar instead of egg whites and 1 tbsp of applesauce instead of egg yolks.
- Store the pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days, but they may lose their fluffiness over time. This recipe does not freeze well due to the eggs.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Frying
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 89
- Sugar: 6.5 g
- Sodium: 633.1 mg
- Fat: 2.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.9 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 93 mg