Delight your taste buds with our mouthwatering dairy-free lasagna recipe, a perfect blend of health and taste. Dive into layers of luscious pasta, fresh vegetables, and our homemade dairy-free ricotta, all baked to perfection!
- 10 lasagna noodles, cooked according to the package instructions
- 1 Tbsp oil, grapeseed or olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion or shallot, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2–3 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups marinara sauce or tomato sauce, any dairy-free version of your choice
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 4–6 basil leaves (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup dairy-free ricotta
- Fresh spinach, as much as desired
- 1 cup store bought dairy-free mozzarella, plus more if needed
- Heat a medium pot over medium heat. Add the oil then saute the onion and bell pepper for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are browned.
- Once browned, lower the heat and slowly pour in the marinara sauce. Season with italian seasoning, basil leaves, salt and pepper then stir to mix well. Allow the sauce to simmer uncovered for 10 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. In a 9×13 baking dish, begin with a thin layer of the tomato sauce then top with 3 lasagna noodles. Top the noodles with a layer of tomato sauce, a few dollops of dairy-free ricotta, and a handful of fresh spinach then top with 3 more lasagna noodles. Complete one final round of dairy-free ricotta, tomato sauce, spinach and lasagna noodles.
- Top the final layer of lasagna noodles with another thin layer of tomato sauce and sprinkle with dairy-free mozzarella. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes until brown and bubbly. Allow the lasagna to cool a bit before slicing and serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 9.9 g
- Sodium: 976.2 mg
- Fat: 11.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 71 g
- Protein: 19.7 g
- Cholesterol: 26.4 mg
Keywords: lasagna, pasta