Our homemade dairy-free Nutella recipe is a delicious, healthy alternative that’s just as creamy and chocolaty, but completely lactose-free.
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Roast hazelnuts on a baking sheet at 350°F (175°C) for 10-12 minutes until lightly browned.
- Remove the skins by rubbing them in a kitchen towel.
- Blend the hazelnuts while the hazelnuts are still warm in a food processor until creamy but not smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, maple syrup or agave nectar, almond milk or coconut milk, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Blend until well combined and creamy.
- Adjust sweetness or cocoa level to taste.
- Transfer to a jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Keep an eye on the hazelnuts while roasting to prevent burning.
- Use a high-powered blender or food processor for a smoother consistency.
- Adjust the sweetness and cocoa level according to personal preference.
- Let the Nutella sit at room temperature for a few minutes if it thickens in the fridge.
- Enjoy on toast, fruit, or as a dip.
- Refrigerate leftovers for freshness and longer shelf life.
- If you prefer a smooth texture, you can reheat the hazelnuts after removing the skins before blending.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Rest Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 86
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 17.6 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: hazelnut spread, nutella, vegan nutella, dairy-free nutella