This vegan twist on a classic Italian dish makes a perfect appetizer or addition to your favorite dish. You’ll love this dairy-free ricotta cheese!
- 1 14 oz package of tofu, firm or extra firm works best
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast, more if needed
- 1 Tbsp oil, grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Remove the tofu from the package and place it between paper towels or a clean kitchen towel. Gently press the tofu to remove as much moisture as possible. You can also place a heavy object on top of the wrapped tofu for 15 minutes to help remove moisture.
- Use your hands and crumble the tofu into tiny pieces into the bowl of a food processor. Add the lemon juice, nutritional yeast, oil, garlic powder and salt then pulse the mixture until it resembles ricotta cheese – textured with small lumps. Be careful not to overmix or it will become more of a puree.
- Scoop the mixture into a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasonings and lemon juice to your liking. Once satisfied, serve as desired or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4th
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 298.3 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.3 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg