I absolutely love making my own fancy coffee drinks at home, and this unique recipe for a delicious almond milk Frappuccino with homemade chocolate sauce was a real game-changer for me.
It's the perfect drink to cool you down on hot, sunny days or to give you a little energy boost whenever you need it.
One of the coolest things about this recipe is the homemade chocolate sauce.
Made with cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, coconut oil, and monk fruit sweetener, it's a chocolatey, sweet sauce that's actually healthier than what you'd get at Starbucks!
No more feeling guilty about indulging in chocolate sauce loaded with sugar and calories.
The Frappuccino itself is pretty simple to make.
You just need some strong brewed coffee or espresso, unsweetened almond milk, the homemade chocolate sauce, and some crushed ice. Just blend it all together until it's smooth and creamy.
Then, top it off with some whipped cream and a drizzle of extra chocolate sauce for a seriously indulgent treat.
This recipe is perfect for anyone who wants to enjoy a delicious, refreshing drink that's still healthy and sweet.
So, if you're ready to take your homemade drink game to the next level, grab your blender and get started on this delicious almond milk Frappuccino with homemade chocolate sauce.
What is a Frappuccino?
A Frappuccino is a type of cold, blended coffee drink that is popularized by Starbucks. It typically consists of a base of coffee, milk, and ice blended together with various flavors and syrups added to it.
The Frappuccino was first introduced by Starbucks in 1995, and has since become a popular drink around the world. While the original Frappuccino was made with coffee, there are now a variety of flavors available, including mocha, caramel, vanilla, and strawberry, among others.
Frappuccinos can be made with different types of milk, such as whole milk, almond milk, or soy milk, and can be customized with whipped cream, drizzles of syrups, and other toppings.
Why Make Homemade Frappuccinos?
I completely get why those alluring Frappuccinos at your local coffee shop are hard to resist.
But have you considered making them yourself? Here's why you absolutely should!
First off, imagine all the cash you'll save by whipping up your own Frappuccinos at home.
A basic grande Mocha Frappuccino with almond milk costs $6-7 at Starbucks depending on where you're located.
You can even splurge on some fancy syrups, whipped cream, and toppings to take your homemade creation to the next level, and still come out ahead compared to what you'd spend at the coffee shop.
Plus, making your own Frappuccinos at home is a great way to get creative!
You can experiment with various flavors, syrups, and types of milk to concoct a dreamy blend that caters to your unique taste buds.
Who knows, you might just stumble upon a fresh, new signature drink that becomes your new obsession!
However, the best reason to become a Frappuccino master at home is the ability to enjoy them while lounging in your favorite clothes, with your hair in a messy bun, and zero need to step outside.
A tasty coffee is the ultimate fix after a long day and going out can be such a hassle.
Imagine curling up on the couch with a great book or movie, and sipping on your homemade Frappuccino without a care in the world.
Sounds like paradise, doesn't it?
So there you have it, folks. Preparing your own Frappuccinos is a cost-effective, innovative, and time-saving method to relish in your favorite coffee delight. So go ahead and give this recipe a go - you may even become a pro at whipping up the perfect Frappuccino!
Homemade Almond Milk Frappuccino Ingredients
This Frappuccino recipe is a great way to enjoy a delicious and refreshing treat at home.
Here is what you need.
For the Chocolate Sauce
- 1 cup (100 g) Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened: My favorite non-dairy milk alternative, and it's perfect for adding a nutty flavor and creamy texture to the chocolate sauce. Make sure to use unsweetened almond milk to keep the sugar content low.
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil: Beside its known health benefits, it also adds richness to the chocolate sauce.
- ½ cup (100 g) Monk Fruit Sweetener: Monk fruit sweetener is a great low-calorie alternative to sugar.
For the Frappuccino
- ¼ cup strong brewed coffee or espresso, cooled: Using strong brewed coffee or espresso gives the drink a rich, bold flavor.
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp chocolate sauce: The homemade chocolate sauce adds a delicious chocolatey flavor to the Frappuccino, and it's easy to make at home! Plus, you can customize the sweetness to your liking.
- 1 cup crushed ice: Adding crushed ice to the Frappuccino gives it a refreshing, frozen texture that's perfect for hot days.
How to Make Almond Milk Frappuccinos
Step 1: First, we'll need to whip up the chocolate sauce. Don't worry; it's super easy and super delicious. It’s way better than store-bought, trust me.
Step 2: Grab a microwave-safe bowl and toss in some cocoa powder, unsweetened almond milk, coconut oil, and Monk Fruit sweetener. Give it a good stir until everything is well combined. Pop the bowl into the microwave and cook on high for about 45 seconds.
Step 3: Carefully take the bowl out and give the mixture a stir. Then, stick it back into the microwave and cook for another 45 seconds. If it's not quite the consistency you're after, just zap it for a few more seconds.
Step 4: Alternatively, you can make the chocolate sauce in a saucepan. Just combine the ingredients and stir over medium-low heat until it thickens and gets all shiny and glossy. Once you've got the sauce to your liking, set it aside and let it cool for a bit, around 20-30 minutes should do the trick.
Now it's time for the Frappuccino!
Step 5: Start by brewing up some strong coffee and letting it cool. Once it's cooled, grab a blender and toss in the cooled coffee, almond milk, chocolate sauce. Add in some crushed ice and blend everything on high until it's smooth and creamy.
Step 6: To make it extra fancy, drizzle some chocolate sauce inside your glass before pouring in the Frappuccino.
Step 7: Top it all off with some whipped cream and a final drizzle of chocolate sauce.
Now it's time for the best part - taste testing! Enjoy your delicious homemade almond milk Frappuccino and revel in your barista skills.
- Don't stress if you don't have Monk Fruit Sweetener - any other sweetener of your choice will work just as well.
- You can also use caramel sauce instead of sugar-free chocolate sauce if you don't follow a low-carb diet. Just keep in mind that Monk Fruit Sweetener isn't the best choice for making a classic caramel sauce. If you're feeling adventurous and want to give it a try anyway, be sure to add some other thickening and browning agents to the mix.
Tips & Tricks For the Best Almond Milk Frappuccino
- Make sure to give the chocolate sauce enough time to cool down before adding it to the blender. You don't want it to be too hot and melt the ice cubes, or your Frappuccino will end up watery.
- If you want an extra-thick drink, try using frozen almond milk cubes instead of crushed ice.
- If you've got a sweet tooth, feel free to add more sweetener or a dash of vanilla extract to the mix.
- Try using more coffee or espresso in the recipe for a stronger coffee flavor.
- To save yourself some time, you can make the chocolate sauce ahead of time and keep it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you are looking for a protein boost to your drink, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.