Taste paradise with our tantalizing dairy-free ice cream recipe! Dive into the creaminess of coconut milk, the essence of vanilla, and the burst of fresh raspberries.
- 3 (13.5 oz) cans coconut milk, full fat
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: fresh raspberries
- Place 2 cans of coconut milk in the fridge for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Prepare the vegan coconut condensed milk by combining 1 can of coconut milk with ½ cup of sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes until the mixture has reduced and thickened. Remove from the heat and allow it to cool.
- Open the 2 chilled cans of coconut milk gently and be careful not to shake them. The cream or fat should’ve risen to the top. Use a spoon and carefully scoop the cream into a mixing bowl. Be careful not to get any of the water at the bottom of the cream. Save the water for smoothies or mocktails.
- Use a handheld electric beater or whisk and whip the coconut cream until nice and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add the cooled condensed milk and vanilla extract and whip for another 3 minutes. At this point, feel free to mix in ingredients like fresh raspberries, chocolate chips, or even crushed cookies.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe, airtight container and freeze for 4 hours or overnight. When you are ready to serve, take the ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a bit to make it easier to scoop.
- Substitute sugar with monk fruit sweetener or another alternative
- Overnight freezing: 7 hours
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 451
- Sugar: 26.5 g
- Sodium: 22.7 mg
- Fat: 36.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.6 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegan ice cream, dairy free ice cream