This creamy, dreamy, and indulgent tropical smoothie is made with five simple ingredients—that you probably already have on hand—and is perfect for any time of day.
With a classic flavor combination of coconut and mango, this recipe will surely transport you to a tropical paradise.
Apart from its amazing flavor, this dairy-free mango smoothie is a great way to increase your fruit and vegetable intake and help meet your daily nutritional goals.
Here's a quick rundown of the nutrients packed into this recipe:
- Fiber and potassium from fresh bananas
- Protein from from the oat milk
- Probiotics from coconut yogurt
- An anti-inflammatory boost from vibrant turmeric powder
Needless to say, this smoothie is a healthy powerhouse that can be enjoyed for any meal of the day.
This recipe uses simple (but healthy) ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Oat milk: This will be the liquid base of your smoothie. It's naturally creamy and sweet, which makes it a great choice for smoothies. I recommend unflavored, unsweetened oat milk.
- Coconut milk yogurt: This will add creaminess and tanginess to your smoothie. Plus, depending on the brand, you can get some gut-healthy probiotics as well!
- Frozen mango chunks: Mango is the star of this smoothie! Using frozen mango will give your smoothie a thick and creamy texture without having to add ice.
- Banana: Bananas add natural sweetness and creaminess to your smoothie. If you like a thicker smoothie, freezing your bananas beforehand will give your smoothie a thicker, creamier consistency.
- Turmeric powder: Turmeric is a spice with anti-inflammatory properties and a slightly earthy flavor (but you likely won't be able to taste it in this smoothie). Plus, it helps give this smoothies a beautifully golden-yellowish color.
How to Make the Best Dairy-Free Mango Smoothie
To make the best dairy-free mango smoothie, be sure to keep all of your ingredients at the correct temperature.
That means what needs to be chilled should be chilled, and what needs to be frozen should be kept frozen.
This is because chilled and frozen ingredients help to make the final smoothie nice and thick.
This recipe uses frozen mango chunks paired with unfrozen bananas, but if you can get your hands on fresh mangoes—they are at their peak of freshness from May through to September—then feel free to use them fresh and unfrozen. In this case, you need to ensure that the banana is frozen.
Alternatively, if you use all fresh and unfrozen ingredients, then add some ice since the goal is to make sure that there is a frozen element in your smoothie so that the finished product will have a creamy, rich texture.
Substitutions & Alternatives
- Oat milk: Oat milk is all the rave these days and adds a distinct creaminess to this dairy-free mango smoothie. However, feel free to use your favorite non-dairy milk for this recipe. You could even use my toasted coconut almond milk recipe!
- Frozen mango: Mangoes are a must for this recipe; after all, it is a dairy-free mango smoothie. Now whether they are bought fresh or from the freezer section is totally up to you, but ensure that they are frozen solid for this recipe.
- Coconut milk yogurt: Coconut and mango is a flavor combination that tastes like paradise every time. While coconut yogurt is used in this recipe, you can use any dairy-free yogurt of your choice.
How to Customize Your Dairy-Free Mango Smoothie
Smoothies are super versatile, and the combinations are endless.
Here are some ingredients that you can add to this dairy-free mango smoothie for a bit of personality and flair:
- Coconut flakes
- Hemp hearts (seeds)
- Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pineapples (fresh or frozen)
- Freshly squeezed lime juice
What to Serve with This Dairy-Free Mango Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies tend to be very filling and hearty and, in most cases, are enjoyed as a meal replacement.
However, you can enjoy them at any time of the day on their own, paired with fresh fruit or even a light salad.